Model Number: KIN/008Kinesio Tape Classic is an elastic therapeutic tape. The Kinesio Taping Method involves taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction. The major effects of Kinesio taping are correcting muscle function, improving circulation of blood and lymph, relieving pain, and repositioning the subluxation joints. Kinesio Athletic Tape has an elasticity of 140%, which matches the same basic elasticity found in skin and muscles, allowing Kinesio taping to work with your body. This provides full range of motion, support, and stability, without adversely affecting the natural range of motion. Kinesio Tape is a latex free hypoallergenic cotton fiber; meaning patients of every age and condition can use it for up to 3-5 days per application.
Kinesio Taping Method:
- Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature.
- Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle.
- Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
- Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain